Monday, March 9, 2009

Applying tips from my internship to Advanced News and Feature Writing class

"Leave your ego at the door"
Every week during my conference call with my internship, the interns are reminded to not take things personally and leave emotions out of this learning process. They are to take the advice as, not a personal attack, but constructive criticism to better their writing and themselves as journalists. I, however, do not write for Canyon News yet. 

I am working under Susana Marcelo in the editing department mostly. I am hoping to better my skills and catch other mistakes in others' writing to improve my own. I have learned a lot so far and as the end of my journalism classes are coming to an end, I have taken the advice of "leaving your ego at the door" and applied it to class. We are here in class to better our writng, our skills. I will not take my mistakes as negative, but a means of help for future articles.

Not only that, but their declaration of principles is something I can take with me and apply to every paper I work for.

No comments:

Post a Comment